I love the idea of summer resolutions. The days are longer, meaning there’s more time to spend outdoors perfecting that
veggie burger on the grill, playing in the pool, reading and catching up with friends. A summer resolution feels so much less bossy than a New Year’s resolution, doesn’t it? I think it’d be perfectly fine to resolve to eat more cotton candy. It is summertime, after all!
Here are mine:
1. Teach Ellie to swim unassisted and ride a bike without training wheels
2. Make a rockin’ mix CD for each month of this summer. Something so fantabulous that whenI play it 10 years from now I’ll instantly be transported back to THIS summer
3. Run 4 miles without stopping. Bossy New Year’s vibe, but…it must be done
4. Read Hemingway’s “The Sun Also Rises” Fitzgerald’s “The Beautiful and the Damned” Jonathan Franzen’s “Freedom” Cheryl Strayed’s “Wild” and Toni Morrison’s “Home.” In addition to the 10+ beach reads I’ll zip through as well
5. Wear sunscreen every day. Ditto the kids
6. Make lemonade, sweet tea, chicken salad and banana bread on Sundays to have for the week
7. Buy a slip n slide
8. Start a super club
9. Participate in beach clean ups
10. Commemorate all this fun with a colorful photo album/scrap book in September
What are your summer resolutions?
Life itself is the proper binge - Julia Child
Sno cones. French fries. Sunscreen. Sand. Flip flops. Bicycles. Heaven